|I joined the committee to contribute a little to something I enjoy a lot and I hope to go on doing so for a while yet, even when I have to hobble up with my Zimmer!|
- Favourite films? Too many to list but being a keen walker, The Way stands out as a favourite in recent years.
- Favourite soundtrack? That must be Saturday Night Fever.
- Favourite line? "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine" Casablanca.
Also on the PSC
- Favourite use of imagery in film: the use of water in Fatal Attraction
- Most moving film scene: The end of Manon des Sources
- Best casting: Rosamund Pike in Gone Girl
|Three things I like about the society are:|
- A comfortable and very pleasant auditorium, with a glass of wine beforehand
- Such a variety of great films - some which I didn’t know existed
- A cinema so near home that I can even walk to it.
|Progamme Licences and Sourcing Films|
Also on the PSC
- Best song: ‘Born Free’ by John Barrie and Don Black 1968 Best Song Oscar winner. A spot-on stunner that lifts and defines this film.
- Favourite use of imagery in film: ‘The Long Day Closes’ Director Terence Davies 1992. A uniquely honest film with long, languid tracking shots and fluid, dreamlike creation of the central character’s childhood. The excellent lighting also needs a mention.
- Best casting: Audrey Hepburn ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’. 1961. Blake Edwards (Director) and Henry Mancini (Music). I simply can’t think of any other actress for this role which Miss Hepburn made her own.
|Front of House Manager|
|3 things I like about the society:|
- It’s local and convenient.
- It shows films I probably wouldn’t usually go and see and yet I am rarely disappointed by them
- It is something I can do with my husband and then discuss later.
|Website and Marketting|
|I joined to see films not available elsewhere in a comfortable relaxed environment.|| |